Are you making decisions based on their outcome at the end of each month…
Rather than each year?
What about offering new services to increase the number of products you can offer your current client base?
Well, if this sounds like you…
You might have fallen into the trap of making decisions for the short term rather than the long term.
Now, don’t worry… I’ve been there too!
There was a point when I was running my marketing agency that I branched so far out of the core business model that I even started to offer apps to my clients. 😅😆
(Come on… don’t judge me.)
In reality—making that short-term focused decision only added to the complexity of my business.
Not to mention how it took my time away from capturing longer-term opportunities,
Instead of trying to extract as much revenue as possible from my existing customers by then taking on more and more complicated services…
How much better the business would have operated if I had used that “wasted” time to focus on scaling a simpler business model?
I still have it in my notes from after my disaster:
– I would have grown faster
– I would have been more profitable
– Plus, I probably wouldn’t have had to go through the trauma that I did 😂
Rather than working more and more hours to avoid hiring new staff because you’re afraid that it will reduce your margins…
Hiring new staff might just be the component you were missing to now scale from 10k to 50k!!
Now, in both of these cases…
It can be easy to think that those decisions were the solution to the short-term problems.
However, a word from my pain:
“Be careful not to jump from one short-term pain to another short-term pain.”
The consequences of building a business in this way could be the difference between being trapped by your business…
Or soon being successful enough to live life on your terms!
Grant and I are here to keep you on target!
In this week’s podcast episode, we’ll be explaining how playing for the short term may actually cost you more in the long term!
We’ll be discussing:
– Is it possible to play both sides?
– The consequences of focusing on the short-term only
– As well as building the wrong vehicle for your goals and more!
Tune in now!
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing
03:01 Focusing on the short-term goals
11:17 Quick fixes and taking on more businesses
16:50 People focused on short-term vs long-term
20:50 Is it possible to play both short and long-term?
26:41 Sacrificing everything you built in business
30:30 Building the wrong vehicle for your goals?
35:20 What we could’ve done differently
41:01 How to get more benefits when focusing on the short-term
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
- Business and Investing website: https://www.businessandinvesting.com/
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: firstname.lastname@example.org