When it comes to escaping the grind of your business,
Most business owners solve it incorrectly to start.
Even now, I know your mind is going straight to “If only I knew how to hire A-players and hold them accountable.”
But, let me tell you something…
After the sunk costs of recruitment, then the time it takes them to understand the organisation…
It’s much easier just to keep staff in the camp than it is to find another employee.
I know business owners who will hire recruiters and spend weeks training new staff…
Only for them to fail to maintain them after they’ve finished the recruiting stage.
Furthermore, it’s important to recognise that the decisions we make will directly affect our staff.
As a business owner, if you’ve priced something poorly, you’ve now forced your team to achieve massive outputs; otherwise, you’ll be sacrificing your margins.
If done correctly, the idea is to have a business where you are creating enough profit that it can sustain its own expenses…
Rather than needing you to maximise every minute of your employees’ time.
Think of it like this:
If you have set unreasonable workloads
And you aren’t willing to spend on project or task management tools
And you don’t know what success looks like within each role.
Then, I’d argue that the decisions you’ve already made are creating the outcome you are getting (poor output and people leaving).
Fortunately, it doesn’t have to end like that…
Which is why Grant and I are unpacking everything you need to know about scaling the team around you!
Throwing the kitchen sink at this one:
from hiring, prioritising, management structures, and retention.
Join the convo now!
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing
02:49 The challenges in team and management structures
06:26 Hiring team with a specific intent
12:25 Taking on debt vs bootstrapping
15:58 Why you should hire people with experience
21:37 Finding good and reliable people for your team
25:17 What is topgrading?
27:15 Keeping good people in your team
39:08 Will you get a better outcome if you pay your team more?
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
- Business and Investing website: https://www.businessandinvesting.com/
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: email@example.com