One of the guarantees of life is that…
Eventually, everyone will experience hard times.
Often, we hear stories about how a few terrible circumstances can cause people to lose hope.
Unfortunately, this eventuates in a pessimistic outlook followed by poor decision making.
The ability to deal with challenging circumstances in a beneficial way cannot be overstated.
Speaking from experience here…
Some of the most resilient and lethal business owners I know have come from hard times.
Truly, I think there’s something to be said about the abilities doing so requires.
It forces you to condition yourself to handle higher degrees of challenges…
To recognise the challenges in front of you,
Turn them into solutions…
Then your solutions, into outcomes.
In this week’s podcast episode, we’re joined by Goose McGrath…
He’ll be sharing his past experiences coming from difficult circumstances as well as how he’s now overcome them to being the owner of a million-dollar buyer’s agent business.
We’ll be giving you all the tools you’ll need to build a mindset that can overcome challenges…
As well as covering:
– How to find perspective
– Confronting your fears
– Taking actions
& much more!
P.S. Share your past (or current) experiences with difficult circumstances! Send through any questions you’re struggling with and we’ll get to it in a future podcast episode.
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision.
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing
05:53 Goose’s past experiences and its impact on him
11:53 The ability to handle challenges and be resilient
15:20 The benefit of hitting rock bottom
16:01 Playing from a place of nothing to lose vs. the opposite
17:59 “I’ve tried everything” (Have we really?)
20:46 Getting perspective (Four questions)
26:09 Turning problems into solutions
30:27 Taking action
35:15 Learning from others
36:43 Fear setting and perspective getting
45:40 Naming the fear and confronting it differently
50:50 “What do you want?” and “Am I happy?”
55:35 Maintaining your mindset to overcome challenges
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
- Business and Investing website: https://www.businessandinvesting.com/
- If you want to find out more about our guest, Goose McGrath head over to: https://businessandinvesting.com/partners/
- The Work of Byron Katie
- Sadhguru’s video
- The Dip by Seth Godin
- The Demartini Show with Dr. John Demartini
- Joe Dispenza
- Wayne Dwyer
- Trevor Blake
- Tim Grover
- Chasing Excellence by Ben Bergeron
- Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: firstname.lastname@example.org