In life, there are certain skills that you can opt in to learn.
Skills that are hard… but will eventually pay you dividends for a lifetime!
Now, to be completely transparent here…
By no means have I “perfected” these skills to the point where I’m no longer trying to improve.
Quite the opposite actually.
In my eyes, self-improvement is a never-ending journey.
However, one of the things I have worked on the most in recent years is…
My self-management skills.
Setting yourself up for success and managing yourself properly is a superpower.
It’s involved in everything in life.
Whether it be my diet, my sleep, or my general environment…
When I’m in a good place, I can influence things very differently.
Dotting the I-s and crossing the T-s within my own lifestyle and routine has put me in a position where I can now perform my best.
Now, look… There’s no shame in anyone who is still practicing this art.
Trust me – I used to struggle with this a lot.
Earlier in my journey,
The consequences of not managing myself properly had a huge cost to my business.
To give you an example…
I had incredibly good team members quit because of my actions.
I used to bring my own problems to the business…
Or, if something didn’t go my way I would complain and moan.
Eventually I had to look at myself and be honest,
If that’s the energy I was bringing to the table…
Who the hell would want to work with me?
Now… you don’t have to make these same mistakes as I did.
Fortunately for you…
In this week’s podcast episode, Grant and I will be talking about the hardest skills that will continue to reward you forever!
We’ll be discussing:
– As well as Problem Solving, Networking and more!
P.S. Share the skill that you have spent the most time leveling up and has had the most impact in your life!
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision.
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing
04:34 The power of delegation
08:34 How Grant became really good at delegation
10:46 The CPORT framework
15:24 How to know you’re not managing your self-well
19:59 The need to work on self-management
20:24 Modeling other people
27:44 Problem-solving is not just a tick in the box
28:50 Spending time on thinking about problems
35:51 Different seasons, different networks
37:11 Selling to your network
38:21 Waiting to make the first move
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
- Business and Investing website: https://www.businessandinvesting.com/
- Check out our podcasts on the topic of networking:
– Your network is holding you back… https://youtu.be/646mWYbBlXI
– Is Your Network Holding You Back? And What to Do About It https://youtu.be/i0Wfd94EsL4
Don’t miss out on Part 2 of this episode which will go live next week
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: firstname.lastname@example.org