I wanted to take this moment to tell you something incredibly important,
Something that I believe a lot of new and existing business owners need to hear.
It’s time to back yourself
Now, sure. It’s inspirational and all but…
Why am I saying this?
The consequence of not backing yourself could be incredibly dangerous.
In business, times can be tough, and your will can be tested.
Continuous self-defeating thoughts often lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy.
In life, he who believes they can, and he who believes they can’t…
Are both usually right.
Unfortunately, I’ve noticed this time and time again
With new business owners who haven’t built the necessary confidence to push past their first few failures.
To tell you the truth, I’ve even made this exact same mistake.
Earlier in my career, when I was a plumber, I used to have a constant fear and anxiety around committing to the jump into business.
I would hold myself back by convincing myself that I didn’t have enough money saved,
Or that I didn’t have the skills that were required to run my own business yet.
At the time, I had a mortgage and was responsible for supporting my partner.
I knew that if I got this wrong, I was risking my family’s well-being.
It seemed like an incredibly risky step to take considering the consequences of getting this wrong.
Now, look. While those feelings are normal,
They shouldn’t be preventing you from achieving your desired outcome.
Luckily, they won’t be anymore.
In this week’s podcast episode, Grant and I are discussing:
- How to back yourself
- Taking control of your life
- As well as mindset, dealing with failure, and more!
PS: Are you really backing yourself 100%? Going all in on the hard decisions you need to make or are you dipping your toe into multiple ponds at the same time?
I’ve been there too! Just send us an email and share where you aren’t backing yourself.
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing
04:43 Second business syndrome
06:47 The time Grant thinks he can’t do SEO
18:38 Not backing yourself when obligations are involved
27:27 Looking into the unconscious and conscious reasons you didn’t back yourself
31:29 How to back yourself up
36:59 Believing in yourself and changing the course of your life
41:49 Necessity is the mother of inventions
49:16 Why it’s okay to fail sometimes
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
- Business and Investing website: https://www.businessandinvesting.com/
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: email@example.com