When was the last time you thought about your business’s endgame?
In my opinion,
This topic is incredibly underappreciated.
I often see fellow business owners neglect to focus on their business’ endgame.
And to tell you the truth,
I’ve been there too.
Earlier in my career, I owned, ran, and then later sold a marketing agency.
My sole focus during that time was to extract cash from the business every month and then invest that money outside the business.
So admittedly, it was poorly set up for sale.
As a result, I agreed to sell it for a low valuation.
Now, don’t get me wrong.
I’m incredibly grateful for that opportunity to sell.
But, looking back…
If I had planned my exit strategy while building the business, I know the outcome could have been significantly better.
Before you decide to pass your business on to your children,
Or sell your business to fund retirement,
Or anything in between,
Remember, each endgame strategy may only be available (or valuable) to certain types of businesses.
So, to give yourself the greatest possible advantage when exiting your business,
Align your business’s exit strategy to produce the greatest endgame outcome.
In this week’s podcast episode, Grant and I are discussing everything to do with your business and investing endgame…
Including the multiple factors to consider before deciding on an exit strategy,
How we have played it in the past,
And how we are currently playing it.
You can tune in on this link right here!
PS: Leave a comment if you know what your end game is and how you have aligned it to your current business model.
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing
01:58 Have you given much thought to your business’ endgame?
07:23 Selling a business
10:32 What are the endgames?
15:54 Your endgame heavily depends on your business model
25:38 Factors to consider when setting an endgame
28:07 Grant’s entrepreneurial journey towards the ultimate goal
39:37 The risks of going all in on an exit
48:45 How long does it take to make the end game work well?
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
- Business and Investing website: https://www.businessandinvesting.com/
- Check out our new Property and Investing Podcast! https://propertyandinvesting.com/podcast/
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: email@example.com