When was the last time you read a book that stopped you?
A book that you couldn’t put down.
One that you kept thinking about even when you were not reading it.
Ultimately, one that changed the way you think and changed your life.
Here is the list of books that impacted me in that way:
Cashflow Quadrant By Robert Kyosaki
Debt Millionaire by George Antonine
The Road Less Stupid by Keith Cunningham
There is a new one I’m adding to the list.
(and maybe you should too)
Die with Zero by Bill Perkins
The big idea behind this book is that we spend most of our lives working to acquire wealth, only to miss out on the experience of life.
Many people get to 80 with huge amounts of money.
But not enough special memories.
They can never go back in time and travel to Europe as a 30 year old.
Or spend time with their young kids.
Bill’s view is that you would be better off dying with an empty bank account and a huge volume of special memories and experiences.
As someone who spent years grinding in business for $$$ – this related to me.
You miss out on a lot of experiences.
You say no to a lot of things when you are trying to get a business off the ground.
I do regret not enjoying more experiences along the way…
I mentioned earlier that this book changed my thinking.
As my son runs the halls of our house, all I keep thinking is:
“You never get this time back with your son”
He is only 3 once…
No amount of money can buy you time with your 3-year-old son when you are 80.
I’ve since cleared my calendar to not work on Fridays and have booked in some family long weekends away.
You know, the memories I want when I’m 80
Stop for a second.
Have a think about it.
What experiences can you never get back?
Are you taking delayed gratification too far?
Maybe… it’s time for you to consider making some changes to your own life?
On this week’s episode, Grant and I do a review of “Die with Zero by Bill Perkins”.
This isn’t your normal book review, as we put a business owner spin on it.
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision.
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing
02:46 What does it mean to have a life well-lived?
07:47 What we think about the book
13:35 Generational wealth: yay or nay?
19:53 What do you really want in life?
22:08 Running on autopilot
26:49 What we didn’t like about the book
37:00 How “Die with Zero” changed our lives
43:36 Why you should start compounding assets early on
45:43 Checking things off the bucket list
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
- Business and Investing website: https://www.businessandinvesting.com/
- Check out our new Property and Investing Podcast! https://propertyandinvesting.com/podcast/
- Die With Zero by Bill Perkins: https://www.diewithzerobook.com/
- From 0 To 130 Properties In 3.5 Years by Steve McKnight: https://www.amazon.com/130-Properties-3-5-Years/dp/1742169678
- The Road Less Stupid by Keith J. Cunningham: https://theroadlessstupid.com/
- The Debt Millionaire by George Antone: https://www.amazon.com/Debt-Millionaire-people-never-wealth/dp/0982704542
- Work Less, Make More by James Schramko: https://www.jamesschramko.com/book
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: email@example.com