Have you ever read a book and it completely changed your life?
One that leaves you as a different person?
I remember being about 23 and Bianca (my partner) gave me a copy of the Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki.
I know for many they say “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” changed their life.
And don’t get me wrong, it’s a great book.
But, for whatever reason, the Cashflow Quadrant was the one for me.
I was sitting in bed on a Sunday morning with a cup of coffee on my side table and cracked open this book.
These were the days pre-kids when I could read in bed on a Sunday 🤣
I didn’t have any expectations of it but 10 minutes into reading it, I was hooked.
Every page spoke to me.
I couldn’t put it down.
It was like it was written for me.
Even though it was written many years earlier
It spoke to my exact challenges and laid out the solution elegantly.
I ended up finishing the book that day.
For those that haven’t read the book
It highlighted that I wasn’t a business owner.
I thought I was, but actually, I was self-employed.
There is a massive difference between being self-employed and being a business owner.
After reading the book, I was never the same again.
It changed the paradigm I was operating in.
If I hadn’t read that book, I would never have changed what I was doing, and I might still be in the same position today.
That’s the power of 1 good book.
One good resource can change it all!
In this episode of the podcast, Grant and I give out the awards for best investing resources for 2022.
Some of the resources in this episode might be the very thing that changes the trajectory of your life (like the Cashflow Quadrant for me).
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision.
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing
03:27 How we picked the resources featured in this episode
05:07 Who is Garry Davis and how he helped us in our investing journey
10:12 Jacob Field and Ripehouse
16:22 Stuart Wemyss’s Investopoly podcast
20:50 Disrupting Sacred Cows
26:42 Learning from the experienced ones
31:08 The Buyer’s Agent Mentoring Program
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in and share this podcast!
- Business and Investing website: https://www.businessandinvesting.com/
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: email@example.com