Every year in January, I used to block out two full days to plan out my year
I would set some ambitious goals.
Pick out some quarterly milestones.
Write up weekly deliverables.
Even set the KPIs to track the progress.
I always felt really good about taking the time to plan.
I was excited to have a plan.
I would fantasize about the results that would come from executing this plan well.
By the end of January, so many unexpected things would happen that my plan became useless.
I would set goals that were too ambitious and unrealistic to hit.
A good opportunity would come that I would be stupid not to take.
A team member I was relying on to help execute the plan would leave.
The business environment would change, and I needed to pivot.
Every year I found a way to justify abandoning my plan.
Which led me to believe planning is a waste of time.
How can anyone plan when there are so many unknowns?
I remember thinking, “Just focus on making more money.”
Which is an endless pursuit and grind… not a good idea
Anyhow, turns out I was just terrible at planning.
The way I was doing annual planning was more like writing a movie for how I wanted the year to go than an actual plan.
These days, planning has become one of the most important activities when it comes to running my business.
Anyhow, in this week’s episode of the podcast, I’m joined by Goose McGrath,
Our Property Specialist from Dashdot.
We go over how to create a property portfolio growth plan.
What I love about this episode is so much of it is relatable to not just property but business as well.
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision.
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing
02:51 Goose McGrath and his expertise in property investing
04:55 What is a portfolio growth plan?
08:03 Going through immense changes in business
12:42 Psychological and strategically adjusting to change
17:54 Importance of having a plan
20:13 Having a strategic plan vs playing games when investing
23:35 Is it the right time to change strategies?
33:34 Goose’s formula to a minimum viable life
46:33 Minimum viable life and abundance
50:42 Do you have limiting beliefs when setting your goal?
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in and share this podcast!
- Business and Investing website: https://www.businessandinvesting.com/
- See your property roadmap with Dashdot’s Property Portfolio Growth Plan: https://dashdot.com.au/portfoliogrowthplan/
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: firstname.lastname@example.org