Have you ever wished you could go back in time with the knowledge you have today?
I know I have…
Can you imagine?
Knowing what to focus on from day 1?
What things would work and what things would be worth doing for the long term.
Or… perhaps more importantly what things are an absolute waste of money and time.
Just not doing some of the dumb things would have sped up my progress and results immensely.
– I spent a small fortune on an office in Melbourne CBD thinking it would impress clients and help win us work.
Not a single client ever came to the office nor did it help us win any work.
Although, it did hurt my bank balance immensely.
– I spent years doing everything myself, refusing to hire staff with the attitude that no one can do it as well as I can.
Turns out there are many people who are not only as good as me… but better
(was a tough pill to swallow)
Not only that, doing everything is a great way to limit growth and get burnt out.
It’s easy for me to say these things were dumb today but, it would have been far better if I had those insights before making the decisions.
That’s EXACTLY what today’s episode of the podcast is designed to do with Goose McGrath.
Goose has a unique perspective on property not commonly found in the space.
He is not only a property investor himself but also a business owner and service provider to property investors.
Lean in on his experience as we unpack the critically important conversation of the business model that exists behind property investing.
I know once I understood this topic properly, it changed how I thought about property investing.
00:00 Welcome to Business and Investing!
01:46 About Goose
02:37 Elevating your thinking about property investing
05:51 Cashflow vs growth-focused business models
09:32 Active property investing business models
12:26 Active vs less active business models
15:52 Why you should look at real estate as a business
18:08 Less active property investing business models
19:53 Cashflow positive vs negative properties
25:28 How negative gearing affects borrowing capacity
27:24 How business owners can approach property investing
31:30 Cashflow is key to accessing capital
35:07 How to know which property investing model is right for you
39:56 What most people do wrong in property investing
45:31 What to ask yourself before buying a property investment
47:50 Key takeaways from the episode
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe, tune in and share this podcast!
About the Guest:
Goose McGrath is the CEO of Dashdot, a property investment firm helping business owners build prolific, profitable property portfolios. They specialise in sourcing properties that are under market value, cashflow positive and have strong growth and value add potential.
Get a special discount from Dashdot when you get in touch with them through https://businessandinvesting.com/partners/dashdot/
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@businessandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/business-investing/id1607453342
Connect with Us:
- Join the Business and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440140397804480
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/businessandinvestingcom
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessandinvestingcom
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: firstname.lastname@example.org